DeFi City is the city of dreams built on the foundation laid by blockchain and cryptocurrency. It is a metaverse that sets you free from the shackles of prosaic complexities that today define the decentralized finance space. To surmount the undistinguished and insipid features of the existing DeFi space, DeFi City offers an ecosystem powered by NFTs that gamify and simplify your experience within the DeFi realm.
As a citizen of DeFi City, you will plunge into the compelling world of yield farming and other DeFi features through the most straightforward yet creative interface that fosters the potential of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and treats NFTs as its primary element of change toward a more interactive DeFi ecosystem.
This article is your perfect place to get started with DeFi City and its NFTs.
The simple concept of DeFi City is that you can own a city in the DeFi City metaverse and add your DeFi elements to it that will allow you to manage your DeFi harvest from across blockchains.
To do this, you first need to own a city that is registered to your wallet address on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). How do you do that? Well, simple. You buy the DeFi City Token (DFC) from PancakeSwap and use it to buy a scroll on DeFi City. This magic scroll is your first and only entry point into the DeFi City ecosystem.
When you unfold this scroll, you will get an NFT city that will be soft minted. If you choose to hard-mint it on the BSC network, you can do so and become the registered owner of your very first City on DeFi City.
Now, every NFT will be unique in its own way due to the properties it comes with, and what you get within yours is an absolute game of luck. Curious about what’s inside the cities in DeFi City and what benefits you’ll get out of those? Let’s fill you in.
The Four Properties Within a City
Each NFT — or city — in DeFi City will have four different properties that will define the actual worth of your city. They will dictate the profits you ultimately reap off of DeFi City’s ecosystem.
These properties go by the following names:
To understand further, let’s look at all of these individually and understand your chances of getting the various subcategories of these properties.
Every city in DeFi City comes with 256 tiles, each of which can be used to harvest a unique DeFi element. The differentiation between each of these tiles is marked using the first property of DeFi City NFTs, i.e., Grids. As the name suggests, Grids are lines that separate two different tiles.
Now, the Grids you get within your city can be of three different types: Neon Purple, Neon Blue, No Neon (normal). The rarest of these Grids is the Neon Purple Grid, with a winning chance of 0.01%. On the other hand, you will have a 2% chance that your NFT has a Neon Blue Grid. The most common Grid is the No Neon Grid, with a chance of 97.99%.
The rarer the Grid of your city, the higher will be your NFT bonus. The below table illustrates the details:
The townhouse is the main building of your city, and it will be offered to you along with the NFT when you open the scroll. However, as with the Grid, there are also various tiers of Townhouse, ranging from a garage to a supertower. The townhouse you get within your city will decide the staking bonus percentage you get for your staked tokens. It will also signify the number of tiles you will start your city with.
In the below chart, you can see all tiers of a townhouse, their rarity, and the staking bonus each of them is eligible for.
Resources, as the name suggests, is the resource that will be available in your city. The richer and rarer the resource that your city has to offer, the higher will be your NFT and staking reward bonus. And the richer resources are rarer than the usual ones. So, depending on that, here’s the table that outlines the different resources you can find in your city and the bonus it will reap for you:
Lastly, you will have an environment in your city that will range from Earth to a Galaxy, where Earth is the most common with a chance of 34.95% and Galaxy is the rarest with a chance of just 0.05%. As with all other properties, the rarest properties will bring you the biggest bonuses. The below table explains the bonus distribution and rarity of the environment in detail:
The Start to Something Big
As DeFi City uses Chainlink VRF, one of the most reliable randomness generators for decentralized smart contracts, you can trust that whatever you get in your NFT is truly random. The four properties and their different subcategories can have a total of 648 combinations, and what you get will be pure luck. You can open multiple scrolls to test your luck and only hard-mint those NFTs on Binance Smart Chain that you find fit for your expectations.
DeFi City can be the gateway to the easiest way for yield farming across multiple blockchain networks. While initially, you will be able to stake the tokens of DeFi City only, we will add more functionalities and support more blockchains as we move ahead.
For any questions, please feel free to reach out to us on: